Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

It's 8:00 p.m. October the 31st, and I can now officially say that our Halloween festivities are done!  I guess that means that we are getting old, but we have had lots of fun, if I do say so myself.

 Our Halloween fun began this afternoon at 3:00 p.m.  Mckay and I went to England Trucking for the company's trick-or-treat parade with Grandpa England and his cousin Jax. . . or should I say, Grandpa and Mater.
We threaded through the most fantastically decorated cubicles and met all sorts of neat people: clowns, witches, Mad Hatters, you name it.  By the very end, Mckay had drummed up quite a pile of candy, and quite a sugar high.
 Here we are with Grandpa Gene and Dorothy, Grandpa, me, and Mckay. . . four generations of Englands.  Check out Dorothy's hat!
 We got home to find Chase ready to join in on the fun.  Before going out to trick or treat in our little neighborhood, I tried to get a good picture of Chase and Mckay, but by now Mckay had caught on to the fact that candy was really good, and we couldn't get him to focus on anything but his loot.  This picture was the best we could do.
After a half hour of going door to door, we decided that we'd go home and watch 'Arsenic and Old Lace.' After eating one more tootsie pop, Mckay opted out of the movie and decided to go to bed.  What a fun-filled day!

2 comments:

Summer Anderson said...

Your family is so cute! And I love your striped dress, I want it :)

Sara said...

OH I love his costume!! What fun day! Can't wait for baby #2!!