Bilbo Baggins once said, "I'm old . . . I know I don't look it, but lately I've felt like butter scraped over too much bread." I am sure that I did not quote that exactly right, but lately it is a good way to express how I feel.
I am in my third trimester, and Chase is buried neck deep in his first semester of grad school. Meanwhile, Mckay is eating more, sleeping less, and running around a whole lot. Sometimes, although there are two of us adults and only one child, I wish that we all had a nanny to make our food, clean my house, and put us all down for afternoon naps. Wouldn't that be great? Especially this past week.
Last week Chase went to Anaheim for a job networking conference. The day before, he had a dentist appointment. All seemed to go well, until he got to California. Once there, the teeth that had been worked on began to hurt him . . . a lot! So he is there interviewing and networking, all the while having four massive tooth aches. Poor Chase! Luckily, he has a prescription of Lortab, and, two emergency dentist appointments later, things should be looking up.
In the meantime, I spent a weekend having one of those "good experiences" (which means it was a hard experience that I hope not to have again!) being a food vendor at a festival. The day before my experience, I also had a doctor's appointment. Well, after a weekend of feeling TIRED all day long, I received a phone call from the doctor saying that I was very, very low on iron and that I needed to take all sorts of things to replete my energy. Aha! So that's why I was needing more sleep and naps then my 18 month old son!
All this has caused me to reflect on the balance and priorities of life. I think that sometimes we try to do too much running on too little. The only person in my family right now who seems to have a pretty good balance is Mckay. Maybe I should be more like him. . . eat three good meals a day, make time to play, and have a nap when I am tired.
Just something to think about.
No comments:
Post a Comment