Thursday, May 31, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend

I love Memorial Day.  It's the official kick-off to summertime!  But for all that, ironically, it snowed the first half of our Memorial Day weekend.  We spent Saturday afternoon in Kamas with the England boys.  It was fun in spite of the snow.  Chase and Mckay even braved the hot tub with the other guys while I was a chicken and stayed indoors with Logan.  (I would have loved to have gotten pics of this . . .but I left my camera at home.)  I felt very honored to be the only girl among 10 boys.  Todd even made me a SALAD for dinner (which was so so nice!)
I think my favorite activity of the day was when we played Ticket to Ride as a family.  We all did pretty good, but at the very end, Cole was the determined winner.  I will have to have a rematch!
Luckily, the weather changed for the better come Sunday.  On our way down to Payson, we stopped at the Sandy Cemetery to visit Grandpa Sainsbury's grave.


 Note to self:  NEVER bring a toddler into a cemetery unless you've also brought a flag for him to play with.  This particular flag we borrowed from Grandpa Sainsbury's grave just so we could enjoy a few peaceful moments.  I am hoping his great-grandpa didn't mind:)
 After our stop at the cemetery, we journeyed down to Payson. We enjoyed volleyball games, 4-wheeling, swinging on the porch swing, playing board games, and just enjoying each other's company.
 Little Logan loved being on the farm . . . until he got a terrible cough/cold that lasted until the following Tuesday.  Poor little guy!
But now he is better, and in celebration, we brought out his little exer-saucer.  He loves it!

1 comment:

Gordon and Courtney Cope said...

I am glad you had a great weekend! You were the lone girl and Gordon was here as the lone guy! Your boys are getting so cute- we miss them and talk about the all the time! We love you guys and we are so glad you keep posting pics and letting us seeing what you are doing!