Monday, May 14, 2012

Fud Feud 2012

This Saturday was the 2nd annual Fud Feud!  For those who are unfamiliar, the Fud Feud is a cooking competition for the amateur chef.  It was created by Chase's cousin Lindsey Smith, so I have been lucky enough to participate in this competition from the beginning.
This year the competition was held at the fabulous Orson Gygi's store.  There I, my three sisters-in-law, and mother-in-law, enjoyed competing, tasting, and winning prizes.  My favorite thing about this competition is that you, along with some judges get to vote on which foods you like the best.  That means you have to TASTE the food, and since everybody brings their very best, it was an afternoon of yumminess!


My entry:  Chocolate Pot de Creme.  And yes, it was as yummy as it sounds!  Thank you Julie's sister-in-law, for letting me get that recipe from you.


Here I am next to my entry in the "Dessert Wing" of Gygi's kitchen displays.


 Here I am with my sister-in-laws and Lindsey Smith, creator of Fud Feud.


 Chase was awesome, and watched both kids the entire time I was here.

Here is the best part of the competion . . . the sampling!  There wasn't a bad dish here, and the recipe book will be coming out soon.  I think I will purchase one. . .

Now it's time for the bragging portion of this blog.  This year we England girls represented ourselves pretty well.  I won third place in the dessert category, Cassidy won second place in the side-dish category, and Chelsea won the "Taster's Choice Award" for the side category.  So prizes were won, glory was had, ideas were shared, and food was feasted upon.  It was a great day.

1 comment:

Julie Sainsbury said...

so fun!!! I am so sad I missed it! Way to go England girls! your dessert looks so delicious I sure hope that you feel in the mood to make it again before we go to new york! :)