Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Mighty Timpanogos

Last weekend we hiked to Timpanogos Caves for Rachel's birthday.  I haven't been to these caves for years, so it was almost like a brand new experience, and it was Chase and Mckay's first time visiting the caves, so it was a fun new adventure.
The hike itself was fun.  We were supposed to leave at 1:30 and be up there by 2:40, but we were fashionably late, and didn't start the hike until about 2:00.  It was still fun, but much more grueling and hurried, especially with Mckay on his dad's back.  We made it just in time, however, and enjoyed a 30 minute tour of the cave inside.
 Mckay had a blast riding on Dad's back the entire way up.  He was completely chilled.
 Stephen and Mckay are having bonding time in the cave.
 Some cool formations we saw inside. . .

We had a great time, and hope to make this a new family tradition every few years.

2 comments:

Bethany Hoyt said...

I love that hike!-although it always ends up being harder than I remember:)

Marissa said...

woa you got a baby countdown! thats so cool!