Friday, June 24, 2011

Barf

As you can tell by my delicate title, this week has been kind of yucky.  I, as always, am in the throws (or should I say throw-ups) of morning sickness.  While my toilet and I have had a great relationship, I have never fully appreciated it until Mckay started throwing up on Monday, and since he does NOT know to run to the toilet, I have had the great pleasure of mopping the floor three times, washing all of his clothes at least twice (I finally stopped dressing him!), and giving Mckay at least 6 baths.  This darn flu-thing has lasted from Monday to Friday!  Geez!  And then, I guess because Chase was feeling left out, he got sick Monday evening into Tuesday.  We were a nasty, vomity group. . . but at least we had each other!

On the upside of things, Chase did get over the flu in a respectable 24 hours.  I am actually not feeling all that bad.  I am almost 13 weeks and though I still manage to get queasy, I am on the upswing!  Yea yea yea yea yea yea yea yea yea yea yea!  And Mckay, who possibly has the most to complain about, has been really happy, with the exception of about 5 minutes before and after he throws up, and he really only throws up about 2 times a day on average.  We've spoken with the Dr., and she says that he just has a flu bug, and that they normally last around a week for poor little munchkins, so don't worry, just keep him hydrated. . . which we do!

I have also read Pride and Prejudice this week, so I am feeling very refined in spite of being sick (Pride and Prejudice always does this to me:)

And today we all feel good enough that we are going to hike to Timpanogus Cave.  More on that later!

No comments: