Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Look out . . . he's mobile!

My child can crawl.  This is a day that I have waited for, yet now that it is here, I find that I can't turn away from him for one SECOND, or else he - and therefore me - gets in trouble.
On the other hand, it is really great to see Mckay explore his new world.

Though I wish that look of excitement was because he was crawling towards ME, the next picture will show you his favorite toy . . .

Yes, that's right, my baby is already in love with cell phones.  They develop expensive taste so young!  This picture also captures the first time he accidentally phoned someone . . .  I apologize in advance if you get a phantom phone call from me:)

Ah yes, let's not forget the "boingy thing".  Is this thing called a door stop, or a wall guard?  Whatever it is, it is a Mckay magnet.

Sorry, I thought this image was properly rotated.  Anyway, the heating vent is the new, coolest thing!  He literally spent 15 minutes running his hand down it.

Thus begins a new and exciting chapter in Mckay's development.

5 comments:

Sami and Mark said...

That's so funny, Arya loves cell phones and calls people all the time, she loves to play with the door stoppers AND she loves the heating vents :)

McKay is so cute! He has such a cute face. We need to play more often!

Anonymous said...

It's so fun to watch them achieve those milestones. Beware: It only gets harder from here. Next he will walk, and then run, and soon if will be terribly hard to keep up with him :)

Caleb and Jessica Sainsbury said...

So cute! Thomas also LOVED the "boingy thing" and Lydia loved cell phones so much that my sister gave her an old one for Christmas! Good luck baby-proofing your house. :)

Sarah said...

I found your blog again, and LOVED seeing the pictures of sweet McKay! What a cutie!!! Looks like he's keeping you on your toes! :-)

Andrea said...

HEY!! So glad McKay's on the loose, but saw your picture of him playing with the metal air intake. Just wanted to warn you. On my personal vent just like that, Tavish and my lil nephew both have sliced open there little fingers,by playing on it. Just a little heads up. They sure love the sound it makes, but it's not worth the heartache. So I jump when any kids touch mine now. So fun that he's getting so big.

Andrea