Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Cruises and Christmas!

The Christmas season is over.  I always feel like after Christmas I am completely exhausted from doing a lot of relaxing.  But on the other hand, what a lot of fun, relaxing things we did!
Our Christmas present from Todd and Jeannette this year was to go on a cruise to the Caribbean!  We left early the 18th of December for San Juan, Puerto Rico, and from there, on to St. Croix, Antigua, St. Lucia, and then back to San Juan.  The weather was hot, the beaches were beautiful, and the islands lush and green.  We enjoyed going to the beaches, shopping, and just spending time on the ship with family.


Mckay and Chase at the beach.  In the background, our ship, the Serenade of the Seas, is in port.


Mckay was afraid of the ocean (see the first picture) , but he looooved the swimming pool.  Check out my white legs. . . yeah, instead of bringing back a tan,  I only brought back a few freckles.


Most nights we opted for the fancy dinner rather than the buffets.  It was so fun not having to cook or clean up.


Chase and I spent our last day walking around historic San Juan.  We both thought this part felt like a hot, humid Europe.

We arrived home to cold and snow, just in time for Christmas Eve.  We spent Christmas Eve and Christmas day on the farm.


As per tradition, we read the story of the birth of Christ, and the grandkids acted out the nativity.  Talia and Aerom were the cutest Mary and Joseph!  Mckay was sick, so the role of baby Jesus went to Talia's old doll.

 Christmas morning on the stairs!


Mckay was quite sick on Christmas, but he still managed to love and play with his new toys.


All in all, it was a spectacular day.  The rest of the holidays we spent relaxing, eating, visiting family, relaxing, eating, getting sick, getting better, and watching movies.  It was a perfect way to say goodbye to 2010 and hello 2011.

8 comments:

Kristi said...

I'm exhausted just reading this. That sounded like so much fun.

Katelyn Anderson said...

A cruise?! I'm so jealous! It looked like so much fun for ya'll. Travis and I keep trying to convince Milton to take us all on a cruise for spring break. We'll have to show him this post to help convince him more :) Glad ya'll had such a great Christmas!

Anonymous said...

How fun! I could use a little hot weather right now.

Bethany Hoyt said...

we missed you at the sainsbury party but i'm glad you had fun on your cruise! San Juan is such a fun city!

Marissa said...

dang, i look so good in that picture on the stairs. you've got a hot sister amanda ;) haha

note the sarcasm :)

and Mckay is a babe

Sami and Mark said...

ah, so nice to see you have a blog! looks like you had a fun vaca!

Angela M said...

I found your blog too! So cute! I would love to go the Caribbean. Glad you had a fun time on your cruise!

Wanderingfamilies said...

Your swimsuit is SOOO cute! You are gorgeous and always so happy...thanks for sharing your Christmas!