Wednesday, January 19, 2011

My Favorite Things

I have been reading several blogs lately that have people sharing some of their favorite things, and I thought, "Hey, I have some things that are MY favorite!"  So I am taking this opportunity to share them with you all.  Caution:  viewing people's favorite things will leave you with a desire to buy/try/rent them. . . you have been warned.


MEDIUM_8a78c6e02140d931012145da03a16a29.jpg
1. Guittard Chocolate chips.  Can I just say yum?  These chocolate chips are not only really good, but they are really big, and since chocolate is my favorite part of any cookie, this is a must-have for a cookie-phile like myself.  In fact, just posting this makes me want to go open a bag . . .


imgres.jpg

2. "Matched", by Allie Condie, is my new favorite book.  For those of you who love Uptopia/dystopia books like Hunger Games,  this is the book for you!  The only downside to this book is that it is the first book in a series, so I am, once again, stuck waiting to see what happens.  Oh well, I guess half the fun is looking forward to these type of things, right?

imgres.jpg

3. Ticket to Ride is my favorite game.  If you love board games, you will love this one!  If you don't love board games, I'm willing to bet you will still enjoy this one.  'Nuff said.

imgres.jpg

4. I hated winter until I bought these boots from R.E.I.  But ever since I bought these little babies, winter and I get along fabulously.  I can tromp through the snow or just a wet slushy parking lot, and my little toes stay toasty warm!


imgres.jpeg

5.  Petunia Pickle Bottom diaper bags are wooonnnndddeerrrffffull!  They are not cheap, but I am willing to skimp in other areas for this bag.  Considering that I lug the thing everywhere, there are worse places to sink your dollar.  My favorite thing about this bag, besides being cute, is that they have back pack straps so that you don't injure one of your shoulders and a built in changing pad.  

Coconut+Fudge+Brownies_3+cropped.jpg 

6.  I had to give a shout-out to my favorite cooking blog,  simplysogood.blogspot.com.  Looove this blog.  It has some fabulous recipes and the author, Janet Barton, gives you the step-by-step instructions so even a dummy in the kitchen (like me) cannot possibly go wrong.  I also like that her recipes contain mostly basic household ingredients.  You may have to go buy one thing, but not six.  

So there you have it folks.  These are some of my favorite things. . . I had so much fun writing about these things, I will probably have to do this every couple of months.  Let me know what your favorite things are, I love learning what makes others happy . . . and usually I want to try/see/know about them too!

8 comments:

Seth Sainsbury said...

No mention of ice cream? Amanda, you should know better than to make a mockery of the Sainsbury tradition by leaving out ice cream! J/K I love it!

Katelyn Anderson said...

Love your list! I'll definitely have to check some of these things out!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you did this. I too love reading about others favorites and I do really want to try them all!

Stanford and Melanee Sainsbury Family said...

Fun to learn some new things about my daughter! I am checking out some of your favorites....

Wanderingfamilies said...

I am TOTALLY going to read that book - I was just looking for a new book to read, thanks for your favorites! You are awesome!

Angela M said...

LOVED Matched! LOVE Train Game (have you ever played the German version?) We need to have you over to play! Love your list! what a fun blog idea! Now I'm going to have to think about my favorites!

Sara said...

I am so envious of your diaper bag!! love it. and I am going to have to read that book!

jeff & mal said...

Fun list! I want one of those bags so bad when I have a baby. Your little family is adorable!