Thursday, January 30, 2014

Terrific Two's


 As I am writing this post, my little Logan is sitting on my lap snuggling.  He does have the flu, but I'd like to think that he would be here even if he was feeling better.  This little guy loves his Mommy, and I love him.  I meant to write a special post just for him when he turned two years old, but of course, I'm only getting around to it a month later.  The pictures I posted below are snapshots not only of an event, but they capture the essence of Logan's likes and interests at this age.


 Logan is my tactile learner, which means he learns and explores through touching and feeling.  I can pretty much leave him with peanut butter, crayons, sand, paint, play dough, etc. and know that he will be occupied for hours . . . and the mess will be huge!


Logan also loves to dress up.  If there's a hat to be had, he wants it on his head.

 He went through a phase where he only wanted to wear other people's shoes, especially Mckay's. He would complain that his shoes were "too small" (even though they definitely weren't).  I think he loved the fact that he could put really big shoes on by himself, and that definitely fits his independent nature.  He also loves Mom's iphone.  He has a frightening knowledge of how to use it.  I think he's watched Peter Pan at least 20 times.


 Logan loves "baby Claire".  He likes to rub his head on her tummy and say, "soft". He also will give her kisses all day long.  I have to monitor his loves to make sure they're not too rough, but I'm so grateful that he takes such an interest in his siblings and wants to spend time with them.


Another hat and a chocolate ice cream cone goatee = heaven.  And of course, why sit on the couch the normal way?


"Buzz Lightyear" jammies and his favorite blankie.  Logan drags this blankie with us everywhere we go.  I call it the "Linus syndrome."  He loves how soft it is, and likes to snuggle it against his face.

This little boy is my pride and joy.  I wish I had the perfect picture to capture his mischievous smile, his funny laugh, and the mad dash he employs every time he thinks I want to change his diaper.  It's probably good (for my sake) that I don't have pictures of him running as fast as he can away from me everytime he's not strapped down in a store or a public place.  He likes to be free and independent, and reminds me of this every time we brave the world outside our house.
He speaks very clearly and deliberately.  It seems like each and every day he picks up ten more words, and he's using 4-8 word sentences regularly.  He is Mckay's little shadow, and doggedly strives to prove he can keep up with his big brother.
He's my delightful little two-year-old boy, and I'm so glad he's a part of our family!



No comments: