Friday, January 17, 2014

My ferroequinologist

I think The Big Bang Theory is really funny, and have watched the show on and off during the past few years.  One of my favorite characters is Sheldon, the self-proclaimed "ferroequinologist" . . . aka a train lover for those of you who aren't up to snuff on your latin translations.  I remember watching the show, hearing the term, and thinking, "I can't believe there's actually a word for someone who likes trains!"

Well . . .

I have a bona fide ferroequinologist in my home, and have for years.  Three and a half years, to be precise.






No matter where we go (or if we stay home!) it's always about the trains.  This winter Mckay has literally spent 2 hours a day or more playing with his trains.  He never gets tired of them.  They're never one of the toys I rotate out because there would be a serious mutiny if I did.  He has created whole worlds around these "iron horses", and I believe one of his best friends is literally Thomas the train.

I love that he has a passion.  I love that he builds with them and creates stories with them.  I love my ferroequinologist.

1 comment:

Meg Barker said...

That is so cute! My boys (especially Anden) are ferroequinologists as well. Oh, and I love The Big Bang Theory too. I think it is so funny, probably even more so, since I am married to a bit of a science nerd myself.