Thursday, November 8, 2012

They grow up too fast

I am good at blogging major events and holidays.  It's the little things that I wish I were better at recording.  Mckay and Logan are growing up so fast, and I know that if I'm not careful, I will turn around one day and find they are taller than me and with lower voices, and I will have failed to record the cute little things they did when they were much younger.  That's my fear, anyway.  So here's a few sweet memories & stats that will hopefully give you a smile and me some peace of mind.

Mckay is still into trains.  It's the obsession that will never end.  And I'm okay with that.  He was into the Thomas the Train movies for a long time.  That phase has faded somewhat (much to my relief.  I was getting a little tired of those movies, to be honest.)  He is now into the magnetic trains that run on the wooden tracks (you know the ones that every boy has played with at some point?)

Mckay loves to drink Chocolate Milk.  When he's not doing that, he drinks orange juice, or crystal light, or whatever I let him.  He hardly eats at all, but when he does, he sticks with cheese.  I don't know what this kid is running on, and I DO try to help him eat healthy, but I believe the term "Picky Eater" would apply here.

Mckay loves his brother.  Whenever Logan cries, Mckay will say, "It's okay, it's okay" in a soothing voice.  I love that he tries to make him happy.  His favorite game includes slamming the door on Logan, then opening it and laughing.  It is hilarious for all involved.  Still haven't quite figured out why.  Mckay is also working on sharing with his brother.  He is good at "trading".  That means he keeps all the toys he wants, but makes sure Logan is well stocked with all the ones he doesn't.  It's a start.

Mckay is still his Daddy's number-one bud.  One of their favorite games is to find and point out a church as we drive somewhere.  Mckay will then say, "That's not a church, that's a temple."  And then Chase will say, "No, that's a church!"  "No, that's a temple!"  And on it goes.  It's stilly, but Mckay thinks it's hilarious.

Mckay loves to say his prayers.  He things every time we pray it's his turn to say it.  He will always bless "grandma and grandpa and the temple", and will always say "thank you for this day."  The rest is rather hard to understand, but he is already learning the importance of prayers and reverence for his Heavenly Father.

Mckay would watch "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" 24/7 if I let him.  That show is the bane of my existence.  I am trying to limit his TV watching, but it is hard, especially as the weather gets colder.  It is cute to hear him sing along and answer all of Mickey's questions, though.

Mckay loves his stuffed animals.  Every night he has to go to sleep with Mickey Mouse (who else?), a lizard, doggy, and teddy bear.  And if they are there, then he will go right to sleep.

We love our little 2-year-old boy.  We love that he goes to bed every night so easily and willingly, and sleeps through the night!  We love his bright blue eyes and big smile.  We love his energy and desire to do what is right.  We love that when we ask him to "choose the right and obey", he does nearly every time.

Some Mckay quotes:

"I want chocolate milk . . . please?"
"I want mores."
"Mckay Chase England is a handsome boy."
"That's not a church, it's a temple . . . no, it's not a temple, it's a church."
"Hooray!  I did it!"
"I want to watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse!"
"That's okay, Logan, that's okay!"


We love our Mckay.  And since this post is so long, I will post another one in a few days on our sweet little Logan.


3 comments:

Marissa said...

LOVE this! I sure do love that little guy!

Summer Anderson said...

What a sweet boy! A lot of those things sound familiar with Cohen, but exchange trains with airplanes. Hope we get to see you guys sometime soon!

Lindsey's Lemonade said...

What a cute little boy!