Monday, November 12, 2012

They Grow Up Too Fast Part 2: Logan

A few days ago I posted a blog all about Mckay.  It took me a few days to complete that blog, and by the time I actually posted it, felt like I could have added 10 more new things to the list.  It's amazing how much kids grow and change.  I was glad I was able to capture a snapshot of Mckay at this age, and now it's little Logan's turn.

Logan has always been a mover.  Since well before he could even sit up, Logan has kicked his legs and "run" in the air when being held.  I am pretty sure that as soon as he learns to walk, he will only run wherever he goes.  Right now he crawls everywhere.  He's got little callouses on his knees and feet from his many miles logged on hands and knees.

Logan loves his brother.  He will follow Mckay everywhere, and loves to play with anything Mckay plays with.  Sometimes, the two of them will just stare at each other and laugh.  I don't know what is so funny but I guess you have to be little to get the joke.

Logan is learning "tricks".  If you ask you, "How big is Logan?"  he will raise both arms up as high as he can go.  If you then answer the question with, "So big!"  he will clap and laugh.  He will also wave "hi" occasionally.

Logan is quite chatty for a 10-month-old.  He can say, "Da da" and "Ma ma" and once, I swear he said, "hi" (although I haven't been able to get him to repeat it.)

I can't get Mckay to eat very much, but Logan more than makes up for it.  I swear, that kid has a hollow leg.  He loves everything except formula (hm!) and will even eat his vegetables.  I think he knows he's under the 10th percentile of height and weight and is trying to catch up.

I love my little boy.  Tonight he pulled himself up to a standing position while holding onto the couch.  I think that before too long he will be walking, and my little baby will officially be a toddler.



No comments: