Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Our October so far

This October has flown by, and honestly, I have not had a lot of time to stop and reflect on one of my favorite months of the year.  It has been filled with really fun times and a good portion of heartache.  I feel like I want to document this month really well . . . but if I did it all one post, it would be the longest one in history.  So this one's all about the fun I had in Payson over conference weekend.

 The first weekend in October Chase went to Florida for a career fair/conference.  Since he was gone Thursday-Sunday, I thought I would make the visit down to Payson to enjoy a few days on "Grandpa's Farm" with my two boys.  The first day there I took the boys to the Red Barn in Santaquin with Anne and one of her cute friends.  While there, we took a hayride out to a pumpkin patch.  Along with pumpkins, there was a cute maze and these ginormous slides.  Mckay loved these slides, and never did pick out a pumpkin!
 Even Anne got a thrill the first time she went down!
 Later that same weekend, we went to Julie's apartment to make yummy caramel apples.  I have to confess, my apples are the ugly ones.  Rachel and Julie did a much better job of making them pretty.  I feel like they could stand up to apples at the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Shoppe.
 General Conference is always great.  There was a lot of excitement in the Sainsbury home when the new age limits for missionaries was announced, but eventually things quieted down enough to where my parents could "listen" with their eyes closed.
That night the girls did a craft while the boys went to priesthood.  Sorry for this horrible yellow lighting in this picture, but I wanted to show a good picture of the "Boo" blocks we made.

I thoroughly enjoyed a weekend at home, but did miss Chase a lot.  I was excited to be able to pick him up the next morning and from the airport drive straight to Jackson Hole to spend a fun couple of days with our England side of our family.  I am hoping to have that post out in the next couple of days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anden loved the slide at the pumpkin patch too. In fact, he went down without anyone knowing and despite landing upside-down, he thought it was great! Sounds like you had a really fun conference weekend!

Lindsey's Lemonade said...

Now I am craving caramel apples! I just love your family, and Annie I miss loving on the boys!