Today was a "Payoff Day." What I mean by that is just this: everyone's lives are filled mostly with the routine, mundane, etc. But every now and then, we get a chance to witness or experience something that puts what we do each and every day into perspective, and remind us just how important our routines are. Such experiences are what I call a payoff for all the hard work of living.
Today was such a day for me. I was blessed to be able to see my little son Logan given a very special father's blessing by Chase. I am so grateful that Chase is a righteous priesthood holder and a loving father. Without him, today would never have happened. I am grateful for my family who made such an effort to get to Logan's blessing. Our Sacrament Meeting starts at 9:00 a.m., and today was the first day of daylight savings, so it was an especially hard commitment to make today. But not only did they come and support us, they brought food for a brunch we had afterwards, helped set it up at the West Community Center here in the University Village, and helped us clean up. I really didn't have to do anything at all but enjoy the moments we had together.
I am grateful for my little son Logan. He is such a sweet and special little guy. He is such a happy, content little baby who will give me beautiful smiles whenever I so much as look his way. He helps fill our home with the Spirit, and he gives his older brother Mckay someone to play with and be a good example to. We love you Logan!
1 comment:
We are sad we couldn't be there, But I am glad it all went well. Amanda you look so good!
Post a Comment