This year was a first for Chase and I in that we got a Spring Break! Finally, after years and years at BYU, we got a whole week off to play and relax. It was so nice to have that week to ourselves as a family. We were lucky to be able to go down to St. George with Chase's brother Connor and some of my college siblings as well, Rachel, Marissa, Seth, and Julie. Together we made some really fun memories.
This was Logan and Walter's first vacation together. They were the best of friends. Their favorite thing to do was sleep next to one another in their car seats.
My family is often known for the emphasis we place on little, quirky traditions. One of those is taking a picture at this old tree in Zion's National Park. Over the years, my parents documented our growth as a family by taking a picture here at this tree every time we came to Zion. I wish I had a picture of my here when I was Mckay's age. I think it would show how much our family has grown and changed.
Apart from our fabulous trip to St. George, we have also taken advantage of the beautiful weather to revisit the Zoo. Here Mckay and his Dad are enjoying the Carousel. Mckay's favorite animals to visit are the elephants (which he calls "Jumbo"), the monkeys, and the tigers.
We bought a kite one windy day this March, and though the wind was sporadic, we did manage to get the kite airborne for quite awhile. I wish the camera could have captured the many shouts of "Yea kite!" from Mckay everytime the kite was up in the air.
One of Mckay and Logan's favorite things to do is to take the stickers from our Thomas and Friends sticker book and put them all over the table, walls, chairs, etc. The favorite place to decorate, however, is Logan himself. Ah, the brothers' bonding has begun!
Logan continues to grow so fast. I can hardly believe he is 3 months old now! He loves his brother Mckay, and will smile at anyone who gives him attention. We are working on a sleep schedule, and some days are awesome, others are not, but the overall trend is getting better. He has slept through the night twice now, so I know the end is in sight, though I think it will be a few more months before he really decides to do that regularly. His favorite activities include playing in his crib, swinging in his swing, and sitting up on the couch with the help of his bumbo.
We love our little boys and have had totally enjoyed this early spring time.
1 comment:
How fun! We could use a Spring Break here. St. George sounds wonderful! I can't believe how big Logan is getting. They are so cute!
Post a Comment