It is a fact of life that once you have kids, your body is never the same. A price that, in my mind, is totally worth it. However, this change has come with an unexpected hitch today.
This morning, I woke up with one of my ears needing to pop. So I tilted my head and swallowed, trying to release the pressure in my ear. Instead, the weirdest thing happened. I felt my vertebrae right between my neck and shoulder blades seize up, and it was all I could do to collapse onto the couch and not the hard floor.
Two hours later and I was still on the couch and unable to lift or hold anything (including my kids), and wasn't even able to get up off the couch myself. So we decided to take a drive to the first chiropractor's office that would take us. We ended up half an hour later with me on the chiropractor's table. For those of you who have never visited the chiropractor, it was both a very painful and therapeutic experience. The chiropractor said that because of all the changes in my weight distribution that comes from being pregnant and delivering, and the strain of holding and nursing an infant, my muscles in my back were basically a huge mess, and that was what caused my semi-paralysis today.
So he popped my back, and though I feel better, I am still basically couch-ridden with a cold compress on my back for the next day or so. Poor Chase has been so helpful, as have our neighbors, which we are so grateful for. The hardest part of all of this is explaining to an almost two-year-old that he can't expect his Mommy to behave normally for the next 24 hours. The best part? I am "forced" to sit on the couch and read blogs, watch TV, and take it easy. Hm . . . that's not so bad!
2 comments:
Hope you feel better Amanda! You are awesome.
OUCH! Let me know how I can help! We need to meet up and go to the Aviary or the zoo! Your boys are so stinkin' cute - what a good mom you are - protecting an itty-bitty newborn thru flu season all the while playing and having fun with a toddler! You are awesome!
Post a Comment