As I am slowly but deliberately checking of my lllooonnnngggg list of things to do this December, I feel like my mind and activities are centered on Christmas and baby #2 an awful lot. Both are wonderful, exciting things, but sometimes I am afraid that in the midst of shopping, wrapping, cleaning, organizing, nesting, washing, writing, mailing, etc., that I am not really LOOKING at my little companion of all these activities.
Mckay is my little shadow and, with Chase, my best friend. He loves to be with his mom, and I would not have it any other way. So I decided to take a break in the midst of all the "stuff" that clutters up our lives, and talk about Mckay.
Mckay is a happy little boy. I feel like his default setting is to be happy, busy, and extremely interested in everything. Mckay loves to figure out how things work, and whether it's how to take a pen lid off and put it back on, or figuring out how the flashlight turns on, he keeps me on my toes with his constant "want to know" attitude.
Mckay's number one love right now is the "choo-choo train". Because we live right near Trax, I rarely get in the car without hearing a very excited voice in the back of my car shout out "choo-choo train! Choo-choo train!" at least once an outing. He has become quite good at this. He used to yell that whenever a bus, the garbage truck, or any other large vehicle came by, but now he knows exactly what is and is not a train. He will spend ours playing with his little wooden train set, and I can find it in the bathroom, bedroom, or under the couch with regular frequency.
Mckay has discovered and loved the "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" show on Disney Junior. I love that he loves this, because it comes on in the morning and gives me a chance to shower, dress, and do my hair with relatively little interruption. Occasionally as I am fixing my hair, I will hear him get up and do the "hot-dog" dance with the characters at the end of the show. I try not to let him watch too much TV, but this is a great break for both he and I.
Mckay has decided that he will no longer let ANYONE help him eat his food. He is really pretty good about using a fork, but he still struggles a bit with a spoon. I blame myself. . . for a long time I didn't let him use a spoon because I didn't want the big mess, but now I know for baby #2 that no matter when you let them use the spoon, they WILL make a mess, so I might as well get it over with before they figure out that throwing soup on the walls is funny . . .
Mckay loves to watch and play sports with Chase. Chase taught him "down, set, HIKE!" Mckay will assume the position, and then, at the right time, will run as fast as his little legs will carry him. I think he has his dad's speed, because I have a hard time keeping up with him! Maybe that will change when I am no longer pregnant, but boy that kid can move!
Mckay loves to pray. No matter if he's throwing a temper tantrum, about to eat, or ready for bed, Mckay will always drop what he is doing and fold his arms. I am proud of this little boy, because I really do think that even at this young age, he recognizes what is good and follows it.
We love you, Mckay!
2 comments:
I LOVE that little boy! He is so stinking cute! Can't wait for baby #2!
so cute!!
Post a Comment