Friday, December 30, 2011

Logan Todd England

I have lots of Christmas things I am planning to blog about, but before I do that, I need to post about the newest member of our family!

Logan Todd England was born January 29, 2011 at about 12:30 p.m.  This labor and delivery, unlike Mckay's, was a planned induction.  It was nice to get a full night's sleep before, get dressed, showered, and ready, and then calmly drive to the hospital!  I was admitted and started on petosin at about 9:00 a.m.  For the first two and a half hours or so, things progressed normally.  The last hour I started to feel a little uncomfortable, and I noticed that my contractions were coming less than a minute apart.  However (and I will blame the drugs!) I didn't think anything of it until I suddenly realized that this baby was coming any minute!  So we quickly rounded up the nurses and doctor, and about 15 minutes later Logan was born!  At 6 lbs 1 oz. and 19 1/2 inches, he's just a little guy, but so cute!  So far he and I have both done very well, and he is a great eater.
We love having Logan in our family, and are proud to be the parents of two wonderful boys.

Me right before leaving for the hospital.


Our first really good shot of baby Logan.  Check out that dark hair!


I love my family!

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Congratulations, Amanda!!! Logan is SO cute! And what a way to have a baby!

Bethany Hoyt said...

Congrats!! He is such a cutie!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Now you are a sweet little family of four! We will have to come see you guys once you are settled in again.

Cindi said...

Congratulations Sweet Amanda. So glad little Logan is here safe and sound (one of the nice things about having an induction) He looks like an opposite of McKay....isn't it interesting how they come 'all their own'? But soon you will see their similarities in their smiles and eyes and they will be best of friends! Good luck on your recovery and let us know if we can help you in any way! (good excuse to make a trip up north)

Loves and hugs,
Aunt Cindi

Sara said...

Congrats! Cute name for a cute boy!

Wanderingfamilies said...

He is TEEENY! Congrats! I am glad that the induction went so well. You will have so much fun with 2 boys!

Kristi said...

We looked at the before going to the hospital picture of you and we all think I am bigger than you just at 5 months. I'm a little scared what the next 4 months is going to bring. I am so glad it all went so smoothly. He is beautiful. Can't wait to meet him. Love to you and your beautiful family.

Rachel said...

Congrats Amanda! I'm so excited for you guys and he is so cute I love his hair! Congrats!