I love Thanksgiving. It's family time, food, and time off work and school. What more could we want? We started the traditions early this year. The Saturday before Thanksgiving we went to what Chase affectionately calls "Eastern Nevada" (out past Eureka) to chop down a Christmas tree. The trip was very fun, and made extra adventurous by being very muddy. We literally slipped and slid around while driving to and from this activity, but the hot chocolate and doughnuts were yummy, the company great, and the Christmas trees beautiful!
The Sainsbury women busy cheering their husbands/brothers while they loaded the Christmas trees in the trailer.
I'm not sure who enjoyed snuggling more, Mckay or Grandma. Either way, they kept each other warm:)
We continued the Thanksgiving traditions next Wednesday. We headed down to St. George Wednesday night. There, we spent Thanksgiving in Zion's Lodge, just feet from beautiful Zion National Park. I loved spending Thanksgiving morning enjoying a beautiful hike down Riverside Walk.
We ate our Thanksgiving Feast at a wonderful buffet. It had all the traditional Thanksgiving foods and no dishes to do afterwards:)
Mckay had a blast with his grandparents, aunts, and uncles. This was a fabulous day! I am thankful for my family, the time they spend with us, and the love that we share for one another.



1 comment:
Fun times! I cannot you believe you are a month away from a new baby!?! YAY! I think that idea of having Thanksgiving somewhere is awesoem!
Post a Comment