First we had to visit the "This is the Place" Monument just outside the park. Here's where all the historical facts are presented. Chase and I found the only spot of shade for this picture. It was hot!
Mckay loved riding the pony. He practically had to do the straddles to fit across it, but that just made it easier for him to stay on.
The petting zoo at the park was really fun. Mckay would only pet this goat because it was smaller than him. The rest he gave wide berth to. Not that I blame him at all. . .
A "train" takes you around the outside of the park and saves a lot of walking. Mckay loved riding the train almost as much as Grandma and Grandpa loved holding him.
A little miniature train takes the kids around a pond. It made us adults feel absolutely huge, but it's just the right size for little kids.
Washing clothes is way more fun when you get to use a bucket of water and splash people. Whether or not there was any actual washing involved remains in serious doubt.
Grandma and grandpa relaxing after a fun afternoon.I had a lot of fun at the park. It's less than 5 minutes from where we live, so we are hoping we have lots of visitors whom we can take here:)
1 comment:
Fun! We used to take the 4th graders on a field trip there every year, but I think I would enjoy it much more with just family than I did with ninety-something 10-year-olds!
Post a Comment