So I haven't wondered very much about the gender of this next baby. I guess it's because I have felt like this baby was going to be a girl. Add to this feeling the fact that I have been more sick with this baby, and I thought that for sure we were going to have a Claire England. Even as I went to my ultra-sound appointment, it was really just to confirm what I already knew, and to make sure that the baby was growing the way he/she should.
The discussion with the nurse who did the ultra-sound went something like this:
Nurse: "Would you like me to tell you the gender?"
Me: "Yes, I would."
Nurse: "Oh, wow, this is a really good gender shot, look here."
Me: "Can you point things out, I'm not very good at reading ultra-sound photos."
Nurse: "It's a BOY!"
Me: "It's a . . . wait, it's a boy?"
Nurse: "Yep, look right here. There's no mistaking it."
Me: "Wow, a boy?!? I was. . . I mean, I'm just as happy, I guess I just really thought I was going to be a girl."
Nurse: (laughing) "You have no idea how many times I hear that."
So we are having a boy! I am thrilled to be having a boy, just as thrilled as I would be to have a girl. I am just way surprised. I guess I will never just assume that my feminine intuition is sure-proof again:)
2 comments:
That is so exciting!! 2 of the same gender is great :) You already have everything for a boy so you save money. Plus, now Mckay will have a buddy :)
Yay!! So excited for y'all!
Post a Comment