Friday, July 29, 2011

July

July has always been a really busy month for me.  When I was younger, it was vacationing in Colorado with family, girl's camp, the 4th and 24th of July, etc.  Now that I am older, it hasn't slowed down much.

This July we got to go to California for the annual England family vacation.

With Courtney and Gordon living in California, we got to check out a new beach.  It was great fun, and  a fabulous way to ensure a loooonnnngg afternoon nap:)

One day after our week-long stay in CA, Chase and I drove up to Rexburg, ID to help Chelsea move her things down.  Now that Chelsea (my sister-in-law) is getting MARRIED, she will be moving on from Rexburg.  It was fun to get to see her and my future brother-in-law again, well worth the two day, 24 hour trip.
We returned from Rexburg to drive directly to my Uncle Sterling's annual slip'n'slide party at his house up Covered Bridge Canyon.  
 There are slip'n'slides, and then there are SLIP'N'SLIDES.  I think you know which category this one fits into.  I wish I could've gone, but it was not really pregnant-prudent.  Mckay and Chase, however, had a blast!  Any of you doubting the thrill this slide affords should check out Chase's hair:)

We ended the family festivities Saturday the 23rd.  We then realized that we were moving in 4 days, and so spent those four days in a frenzy of packing and preparation.  Why is it that your house has to look like a complete bomb in order to move?



 I only got a picture of a few of the helpers, but thanks to everyone who helped us move!  We couldn't have done it without you!  Especially thanks to everyone who dealt with "the piano".  This wonderful instrument is every mover's bane!  It's a good thing Chase loves me:)
I am sad to be leaving Orem.  I had such good experiences there, and made many wonderful friends and memories.  But I am excited to start this new adventure in Salt Lake.  Now that I am settled here with things like food, computer, space to sit on my couch, etc., I am beginning to think of this place as home:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome slip'n'slide! Now that you are settled in you will have to post pictures of your new place!