On Labor Day, our ward had our annual ward party at West Medicine Lake. Some of Mckay and Logan's friends built a huge sand castle with the boys. They loved the sand castle, but loved knocking it down even more.
September is Chase's favorite month of the year, because it's the start of college football! Even though we don't always cheer for the same team, his excitement is contagious. He works hard on indoctrinating our children to cheer for the U, and I do the same thing with BYU. As of right now, none of them really know or care, but that doesn't stop us.
This year I also participated with Logan in a neighborhood preschool co-op with the same group of moms as I did last year with Mckay. Because Logan is only two, I put him once a week instead of twice a week like the other kids who are three, but I knew that he would love the chance to be in a preschool like his older brother, and he has had so much fun.
One thing that the boys were really into this September was playing "boats". They would spend hours outside in lid of our turtle sandbox with their toys and their imaginations. One of my favorite things about being a mother is watching my children be imaginative and creative.
Because of one o'clock church and our callings, it has been more difficult this year to to to Medicine Lake as a family after church, but we made it happen when we could. Because the weather is starting to turn, this is the time of year that I start feeling like we have to live outside every possible moment before winter descends, and I really looked forward to this time each week. We live in such a beautiful place, it's easy to love it here in Plymouth.
Our new house is next to Rolling Hills Park, which is not only a playground and a large, grassy field, but also a series of trails, forest, and wetlands. I took the kids on many an afternoon walk through the park and to the playground. By the end of our outing, I usually had three kids on my two-person stroller. It was a good work-out for me!
One September weekend we went to Apple Jack's Orchards. We did this last year and had such a great time that we decided to make it a tradition. While there, we rode a little tractor ride, played in a corn pit, ate apple cider donuts, and visited a petting zoo.
Claire is finally old enough to really appreciate being outdoors. She loves to crawl around, eat the leaves, and play in the dirt.
Mckay started soccer this fall, and Chase got to be his coach! He had a lot of fun running around with the other kids, and even occasionally paid attention to the game;)
One Saturday we went with some friends to visit a farmer in Iowa who, in a "Field of Dreams" fashion, built a tennis court that was a perfect replica of a Wimbledon tennis court. It was kind of random, but so much fun, and we are glad we had the chance to go.







No comments:
Post a Comment