I feel like from July 24 until now, my life has been one series of family gatherings and reunions after another. I did the math and realized that I have been gone three of the last four weeks. It's been such a party!
The first of August brought on the Sainsbury Reunion. With Seth and Julie returning from New York where Seth had his internship, and with Matt & Jaime's family in from Texas, we finally had the whole family together! It doesn't happen very often, so when it does, it is reason to celebrate. We started off the week by taking family photos.
This isn't one of the actual professional photos, but I was one of those moms who was snapping pictures behind the camera man:) Here are the proud grandparents of six beautiful little kids.
Then we headed up to Kamas cabin where we had a week of fun that included playing Rook, watching movies, swimming, taking ATV's through the Uintas, visiting Salt Lake's Museum of Natural History, and enjoying each other's company.
The three England men tolerated the pool quite well. Mckay is actually starting to LIKE the swimming pool! Logan loved the water, and would sit contentedly for hours at a time. . . which is good, because we probably swam 2+ hours every day.
Grandma Sainsbury took the grandkids on a little hike up in the Uintahs. It was such a beautiful area that I had to snap a photo. Just don't look too closely at Avenlea in the background. Apparently, she had to go to the bathroom and I did not notice.
Mckay loved ATV-ing up at Soapstone Pass. It is such a breathtakingly beautiful place, and while all the rest of Utah is a sweltering 90+ degrees, we enjoyed a beautiful day in the mid-70's zipping around in the mountains.
Logan loves his "little" cousin Walter. These two were never far apart, usually playing with the same toys and smiling at each other.
The 5 days we were up in Kamas zipped by so quickly. I was so happy that we got to spend time together and that Mckay and Logan got to know their cousins better.
No comments:
Post a Comment