Monday, May 2, 2011

Happy Birthday Mckay

Wow, I can't believe that my son is 1 years old!  This year really flew by!  I have loved being Mckay's mom, taking care of him, playing with him, and getting to know him.  He is such a fun, happy kid, I am so lucky.
We had a birthday party for Mckay this Saturday.  I think I got carried away, because I know he will not remember any of it, but I had a lot of fun planning the party.  Here are some pics of the big day.
Here are Mckay's grandpa and cousins to celebrate his birthday. Only Grandpa Sainsbury's great love for Mckay could have gotten him to put this party hat on, but it makes for a great memory!
 I made cupcakes for his birthday.  There was some dispute as to whether or not it was a bear or a monkey. . . they are monkey cupcakes.
Mckay had no trouble whatsoever downing his monkey cupcake!  This kid eats a ton.  It took him about 3 minutes to eat the cupcake, and about 10 to clean him up.  The fitting end to a fun party.  I love this kid

6 comments:

Wanderingfamilies said...

...definitely monkey! Can I get that recipe? SO cute! Happy birthday, McKay!

Katelyn Anderson said...

Oh my goodness, I can't believe he's already a year old!! And the cupcakes definitely look like a monkey to me :) Wish we could've been there to celebrate with ya'll!

morganandamymower said...

SO glad he had a good bday! I can't believe he is one already!! cute cupcakes!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on having a 1 year old! Those cupcakes are really cute!

Sara said...

The cupcakes look AWESOME!!! Happy Birthday Mckay!!

Bethany Hoyt said...

ya those cupcakes are amazing...you are way legit.