It's been a month since I've blogged, and I didn't even realize it until I saw the date of my last post. I guess this April has just been packed with lots of fun milestones and events, and I haven't really paused as often as I should to reflect and record. Here are a few things worth blogging about:
The California Trip
We went to California over conference weekend with our England side. My love for San Juan Capistrano grows every time I visit. . . it is such a beautiful place!
The England house is about a quarter mile from the beach. I love going to the beach and walking around. Unfortunately, Mckay is afraid of the ocean. This was one of the few shots of him near the beach where he isn't crying. Here's hoping he outgrows this!Disneyland is always a blast! Mckay, once again, cried on every ride we took him on except Buzz Lightyear, but he did enjoy Mickey's Toon Town.
And, of course, general conference! Let's not forget that. We spent many an hour on these couches filling out our conference packets. It was absolutely wonderful, as always.
Graduation
The end of April brought Chase's long-awaited graduation. Technically, he has two more classes he's taking Spring Term, but after many months of convincing, he consented to attend his graduation. I am so glad, and so proud of him.
Graduation was early in the morning. Afterwards, we went out to brunch, and then went home for a much-needed nap!
Easter
We began the weekend with the graduation, then moved on to Easter. Saturday was the Sainsbury's annual Easter Egg hunt. After a year or so of extensive remodeling, it was fun to have the hunt on the newly enlarged front lawn. Mckay had a blast, and was very good about putting eggs in his basket.
We also held a little Easter egg hunt in our condo. Mckay absolutely loved picking up the plastic eggs and shaking them, and was thrilled when Mom and Dad didn't even make him wear clothes (something that is becoming a growing challenge with him lately). It was a wonderful weekend.
Check out that funny yawn:)
1 comment:
Congrats to Chase graduating! I tried and tried to convince Brenton to walk at his graduation and I came up with no such luck, (boys!) PS I love that picture of you and Mckay at the beach, looks like total relaxation. Defines the beach perfectly :)
Post a Comment