Wednesday, March 2, 2011

24, 25, 26 . . . 39!

I consider myself a young person.  For those of you who are my age and older, I bet you would consider me young too.  For those of you who are younger than me, you may think that 26 is a ripe old age.  I certainly never did, but yesterday may have changed my mind.

Piano Student: It's almost my birthday.
Me: Cool!  How old will you be?
Student: Eleven.
Me: Wow, that's great.
Student: How old are you?"
Me: Guess.  (I know, I know, I was asking for trouble!  I don't know why I said that!)
Student:  . . . . You're forty-two!
Me:  What??????????
Student:  Ha ha ha ha ha just kidding!
Me: Oh, good!
Student:  I really think you're thirty-nine.

Gaaaaaaaaaaauuuuuuggghhhh!  I didn't know whether to laugh or cry!  When did I stop becoming young in children's eyes?  When?
For those of you near the age of 39, let me just say, I still think you're young, so please don't be offended by this post.  It's not so much the age I'm struggling with, it's the sudden jump of thirteen years. It would come as a shock to anyone.  Right?

2 comments:

Summer Anderson said...

haha oh the things kids will say! Pretty soon it will be our kids sticking their foot in their mouth, yikes! My first graders last year thought I was thirty and that put a downer on my day, but let me reassure you that you do not look 39!

Kristi said...

thanks for the last comment. I don't feel old until I look in the mirror and see some of these grey hairs. I still feel young when I get on the basketball court with my boys.