Tuesday, November 9, 2010

St. George Girl Trip

This weekend Mckay and I got to go to the Stander family girl trip in St. George.  For those of you who don't know, the Stander family is Chase's mom's maiden name.  Thursday, Courtney, Chelsea, and I headed down for St. George, and by Friday night, everyone else arrived (there were about 20 of us), and the party really got under way.  Some of my favorite things that we did include:

Hot tubbing with Mckay . . .

Channeling my artistic side by painting canvases . . .

Speaking of artistic side, this was way, way fun!  I decided to see what it felt like to be Jackson Pollock. I made a huge mess, but I don't think I was the only one . . .
After this great activity, some of us had the chance to get a pedicure. . .
We also had a great cook-off, where we divided into teams to make an appetizer, soup, salad, side, entree, and dessert.  I wish I could have taken pictures of what we created, because it was soooo yummy!  And one of my favorite activities was doing family history.  We got to go through and organize some Stander family pictures and memorabilia.  I really enjoyed getting to know the family's history better.  But best of all, I just loved spending time with my family and friends.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like tons of fun!

Marissa said...

I love Mckays face in the first picture. He's so serious...or focused..or shomething ;) haha

Sara said...

Looks so fun! I want to do some canvases like that!