
Starting a blog is something I've wanted to do for a long time, but there's nothing like getting married to motivate you to get started! For those of you who missed the big event, Chase and I were married November 26th, 2008 in the Salt Lake Temple. It was a great day, and pretty smooth sailing for the most part. The only hiccup I can remember is that our sealer forgot to show up, so the poor temple workers had to scramble to find another one. Chase and I didn't mind so much (we were in stereotypical la-la land), but I'm told that some of the family members who were waiting wondered if it was the case of the Runaway Bride or Runaway Groom. But it all turned out fine, and Chase and I were married for time and all eternity. It was a great moment for us.
After two fun receptions, a luncheon at Joseph Smith Memorial, and lots and lots of "sparkling" for the camera, the exhausted and happy Chase and Amanda spent Thanksgiving break in Park City at the Stein Erikson Lodge. It was beautiful in Park City, and we enjoyed the chance to rest and relax. We walked up and down Historic Main Street in Park City, looking at the different art galleries, going out to eat, and seeing a few movies. I found out that Chase really loved me, because he even went to the outlet malls with me for a few hours while I took advantage of the Black Friday sales!
We returned to our little apartment in Provo to find that 3/4 of our floor had been swallowed by presents, and for the next several days, we worked on the happy task of sorting, discovering, and organizing everyone's generosity. Thanks everybody for your gifts and support!

I still am getting used to being married, having a husband, and answering when someone says "Mrs. England", but I have loved the new adventure. The next big step is to survive finals, and if Chase and I can do that, then I know we can do just about anything :)
3 comments:
How fun! I love blogs. I just hope you keep it up enough so that I can feel like I'm RIGHT there with you and Chester ALL the time...just kidding. Hah. Love ya!
Looks good Amanda! You were able to figure it out really fast. I'm excited to read about you guys every now and than:)
Hey, Amanda, this is my first experience reading and commenting on a blog, so you can know how much you mean to me because I went to the work of figuring out how to do this because I care about you and Chase! Fun to see your pictures of Hawaii and Park City that I had only heard about! Keep it up, it was fun!
Post a Comment