The first week of November we were hit with a storm and a week-long cold spell. I have to admit, it was a pretty rough transition going from beautiful, colorful fall, to degrees in the single digits and the snow. Fortunately, it became more mild after that first week. The boys were thrilled with the snow, however, and were more than happy to break out the snow gear and go play.
Claire has enough hair now to put in a clip. I love her scrunched-up-nose grin. This little girl is a delight!
Claire and I got to go on the England Family Girl Trip in November to California. It was so much fun to see Jeannette, Courtney, Chelsey, Cassidy, Kelsey, and my nephews. We did lots of shopping, we ate out a few times, and we spent time talking and catching up.
The last day of the girl trip we went to the Getty Museum in Malibu. There, Seth, Julie, and their family joined the party for a few hours. It was fun to see them as well, and enjoy the beautiful outdoors together.
I returned home from California just in time to celebrate this sweet girl's 1-year-old birthday. I can hardly believe she's already 1 year old. Time has flown by. I am the luckiest mom in the world to have this little sweetheart Claire as my daughter.
Many Fridays we go to lunch at Chase's work. He used to work at the Target headquarters in downtown Minneapolis, but he's recently moved to the new campus in Brooklyn Center. I am grateful that his commute went from a 45 minutes bus ride to a 15 minute commute going opposite traffic. We get him an extra hour every day now! The boys love this picture of Bullseye the dog at Chase's work. You can't tell from this picture, but the entire work is made of gum balls.
For Thanksgiving we got to go to St. George with our England side of the family. We had such a wonderful time with our family. I think St. George may be one of my most favorite places on earth. I was so excited to be there that I dragged all my family out on an early morning hike the first day we were there. Red rocks and blue sky are beautiful.
I thought this was too funny not to share. Sorry Mckay!
I also dragged our entire extended family to Snow Canyon one evening. I just love this place, and thought it was very kid-friendly and safe. It turned out to be a bit scarier than I remembered, but we still had lots of fun! Thanks everyone who was a good sport and went with me!
We visited the new Children's Museum in St. George. I'd never been before, and thought it was absolutely fabulous! While there, the rest of our England side came to St. George, and for a few brief but wonderful hours, everyone but Clayton (serving his mission) was together.
The grandkids all got matching Christmas pajamas this year. Aren't they cute! (The pajamas and the kids;)
My side of the family spent Thanksgiving in Phoenix with Matt and Jaime. On the way home, they stopped by for an hour to say hello. It was fun to touch base with them, even if it was just for a few minutes.
Mckay, Logan, and Claire at the "short and scary hike". Mckay is showing us his "fancy" pose, Logan is picking his nose, and Claire doesn't want to be there. Gotta love those candid shots.









No comments:
Post a Comment