Thursday, February 28, 2013

February

It's been awhile since I've posted.  Both Mckay and Logan are really fascinated by my laptop, so I hardly ever use it unless they are asleep, and when I have been blogging, it's usually to guest post on Rachel's blog.  So my family blog has suffered.  The good news?  There's lots of news and pictures to share!

First of all, we celebrated Chase's birthday on the 4th.  I have a picture, but it's on Chase's phone.  We went out to dinner for his birthday to Asian Star, and he got a washer and dryer for his birthday and a gift card to Olive Garden.  All of these gifts, I have to admit, really benefit me, but he didn't seem to mind too much:)


One balmy day in the beginning of February, my dad and Rachel came up to visit us.  We love visitors, and took them to the zoo.  The weather was gorgeous and the place was practically empty, so I really can't think of a better zoo experience.  My family hadn't been to the zoo since Rocky Shores opened up, so we spent a lot of time visiting the seals and polar bear.


The tigers have been, and will always be, one of my kid's favorites.  This time they even swam for us.

We celebrated Valentine's Day the following week.  Chase and I went to the Olive Garden (courtesty of his birthday present) for dinner.  After that we spent the night at my parents' house, because the next day we went to St. George for Presidents' Day weekend with our England side.


   St. George was a gorgeous 60 degrees, and we spent as much time as possible outside.  It definitely helped me get over a really serious case of winter blues.  We spent a day at Snow Canyon climbing the red rocks.  Mckay and Logan loved it, and it was a safe enough hike that I wasn't freaked out the entire time.


We also flew kites at the park nearby.  The weather was just breezy enough for good kite flying, and Mckay and Chase kept that penguin kite in the air for hours.


Mckay wanted to hold the actual handle, but occasionally Mom had to take over in order to keep the kite in the air.


 Logan started walking this month.  He loved to toddle all over the grassy park.


We also spent some time at the playground.  Mckay is  lean mean rock-wall climbing machine.  He takes after his Dad.

All in all, February has been a great month.  I am super excited for March though, because winter and I are officially sick of one another.  I am ready for spring!


No comments: